Essentra Scientific Services provides scientific testing for the global tobacco industry
14 Feb 2017
Starting as an in-house testing laboratory, Essentra Scientific Services has responded to regulatory requirements facing the tobacco industry and the emergence of a new range of products by adapting to provide extensive scientific testing services.
Accredited test for combustible tobacco products:
- Mainstream for ISO and intense smoking
- Tobacco testing
- Cigarette filter retention of tar and nicotine
- Ignition propensity
- Physical testing of packs and health warnings
- Testing for testing for weight, pressure drop, paper porosity, draw resistance, ventilation and circumference.
Accredited test for e-cigarettes and vapour products:
- ISO 17025 accredited for the measurement of nicotine, glycerol, propylene glycol, menthol, diethylene glycol, ethylene glycol and water in e-liquids
- Accredited for the measurement of carbonyls in e-vapour
- Accreditations for the measurement of glycerol, propylene glycol, menthol, diethylene glycol, ethylene glycol and water in e-vapour have been applied for